- A wonderfully intense, structured Mortlach that ensnares the meaty “Beast of Dufftown” in a deep, spicy, ruby-red fruitiness forged in a highly unusual combination of maturation casks.
- Dark, sweet, ruby richness entwined with gingery depth. Finished in Tawny Port, Red Muscato and Virgin Oak casks.
- A deliciously rich expression of Mortlach’s dark, meaty character that draws sweetness, darkness, and depth together in a mystical, intensely fruity union.
- Best served neat, pour 60ml of Mortlach SR22 in a whisky glass and enjoy.
- Mortlach SR22 is a unique gift that stands out within the Special Releases collection, and is perfect for get-togethers with friends or family.
As our legend goes, one fateful night the moon turned blood-red in the Mortlach sky and a mysterious alchemy came to pass. The Beast of Dufftown transformed under the sanguine glow, and soared through the night sky, a mythic creature drawn upward by the mesmerising crimson orb. Deep inside the Mortlach stills, the blood moon’s influence echoed, its seductive ruby richness and dark complexity transformed Mortlach itself with a rare and bewitching nature.
Nestled in its dark, historic vale, Mortlach has long lured aficionados to its deep and magnetic character. It has its own aura; the light seems to draw lower through its hallowed doors. Even the way of things is different, the whisky 2.81 times distilled in six singing stills arranged in a pattern found nowhere else. Part science, part mystery. Bold, yet enigmatic.
Gleaming with ruby light, this legendary whisky was finished in a combination of Virgin Oak, Tawny Port and Red Muscat wine casks enhancing its deep amber colour. Robust aromas of rich wine and sweet grape entwine with Mortlach meatiness. Dark and richly layered, the intense, lively and sweetly fruity taste glows with gingery depth spiced by original part-maturation in Virgin Oak. Late at night, in flickering light, the finish soars above all. A whisky to cherish; sweetness, darkness and depth drawn together in mystical union.